The renting of holiday apartments in Saxony-Anhalt is governed by the byelaws (or ordinances) of the Saxony-Anhalt State Government. The current one being the “sechsten Verordnung über Maßnahmen zur Eindämmung der Ausbreitung des neuartigen Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2” which translates as: the sixth byelaw for the measures to reduce the spread of the new coronavirus SARS-Cov-2 (which is also known as COVID-19). Under this byelaw only residents of Germany can holiday in Saxony-Anhalt at the moment.
This byelaw has repercussions on us as the hosts, but also on you as guest. Your safety is fundamentally very important for us. Due to the ongoing pandemic, we have undertaken the following measure so that you can enjoy a healthy and worry free stay with us.
- Cleanliness and the final cleaning were always important for us. Now we are carrying out a thorough ‘deep’ clean/disinfection at the end of each stay. We have, as required by law, introduced a cleanliness protocol.
- The holiday apartments are now thoroughly aired for a longer period. In order to have more time for these additional cleaning measures, we have introduced a compulsory two-day break between bookings.
- Because of this, we have introduced a minimum stay of four nights. However, our prices have not changed.
- Each guest will now be emailed an attendance list (as is required by law) for each booked holiday apartment. The completed attendance list must be returned to us by email prior to the arrival day. This attendance list is required in order to make contact tracing easier should a COVID-19 infection occur. Under the byelaw, we are required to keep the information on the attendance list for four weeks, after which it will be destroyed.
- As hosts, we have been advised to remove from the holiday apartments, certain articles which are often touched, but are hard to disinfect. Because of this, some articles that are shown on the photographs on our website are currently not in the apartments. Sadly, at the moment cushions, books, game compendiums, brochures and some decorative articles are not in the apartments. Throws and extra blankets are no longer available in the summer months. We ask for your understanding and assure you that the apartments are still very comfortable.
- Because of the pandemic contact-free payment is also required. We will now send our guests an invoice and request payment of the full amount via a bank transfer prior to the day of arrival.
These “rules” will stay in-place as long as we are all in the fight against COVID-19. We look forward to a time when we can all live more normally and can run our businesses in a somewhat more normal manner. Until then we will prioritise your health!
Steven und Karen Courteney.