Willkommen! Bienvenue! Benvenuto! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Velkommen! Welcome! Welkom!
Our lovingly restored half-timbered house is located “in the heart” of the old town on the corner of Oberengengassse/Kochstraße. The house is located on the site of a former nobleman’s household from the 13th century, that was free of the taxes and other duties of citizens of the town. From 1592 to 1619 it was the residence of Katharina Lappe, the mistress of Count Wolfgang Ernst to Stolberg-Wernigerode, who lived in the castle. The couple had six children together who lived here “below” with their mother! So many years ago, the heart played an important role in the house.
Between 2006 and 2018, a gradual renovation of the interior took place. The careful renovation of the roof, the attic, the many windows, the façade and the cellar of the historical building took place between November 2017 and November 2018.
Telephone: (03943) 625-5159